Dragons were my favorite inside and outside climbing shoes for last year, with an exception of The Pink Anasazi Lace on long sports routes in Ceuse. However three weeks ago I decided to give the Team a try, I had them 2 years ago and was not very happy with them. This time around I was pleased with Team model, may be because I grew and my foot is now shaped better for this model. Anyway, they feel more comfortable now.
Here is my brief comparison of Team vs Dragon:
- Team has more rubber on the top of the shoe which makes for better toe hooking and there is just one Velcro strap compare to Dragon’s shoe laces; Team wins big time for toe hooking.
- Team is the hardest shoe to put on and break in, while Dragon has laces and breaks in a lot faster.
- You can not wear Team for a long time because of how tight and down turn it is, but Dragons are some what more comfy.
- Team feels like slightly more aggressive and high performance bouldering shoe than Dragon, at least to my taste.
- Dragons are one of the lightest shoes weighting 5.60oz ( US 9 Men), Teams weight 7.2oz.
All in all these are both great shoes and I recommend to try them both before making final decision, to find out which one fits you better.
Personally, for upcoming ABS16 Nationals I pick Team … but also bringing Dragons with me, just in case (maybe for slab routes).